Sunday, January 29

Love Sign!


My little sister is getting married and I so wanted to do something cute for her wedding shower.  I made this a couple of weeks ago but wanted to wait until after I gave it to her since she is a follower of my blog and I didn't want her to see it before hand.  I found this quote on pinterest and knew that it would make a great sign for her and their home together. 
Supplies needed:
white acrylic paint
vinyl letters cut out in the saying (2" for the LOVE YOU and 3/4" for the rest)
board - I used an old drawer front that I found at the Habitat for Humanity.
Patience!  - it takes a lot of it for placing the letters and then peeling them off.

I cut out the vinyl letters using my cricut but I will probably find some stickers for the next time I try this.  Lay them out on the board the way that you want them.

Second, I painted over the stickers and everything using white acrylic paint and a foam brush.  I put a couple coats on since the drawer was a cherry finish. 

Third, peel off the stickers carefully since the paint does want to come up a little.

Last, I sanded the edges and distressed it a bit. 

Finished!  I can tell you that I love how this sign turned out and would do it again.  This last picture has some LOVE scrabble tiles that I made for her too. 

Enjoy your crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment