Thursday, August 4

Halloween Decorations!



I love Halloween and I get soooo excited when it starts to creep up on us so I usually start thinking about it at least a month before it comes - or in this case- 2 months.  I have mentioned before that I have a booth in a cute store and so I thought I would make these decorations for the booth.  What better reason to start so early on the decorations if it needs to be available to sell right?  

The Witch sign:

I found a pattern on a website for a witch pillow  on http://www.creativehomeartsclub.com/projects/articletype/articleview/articleid/914/witch-boot-pillow and I thought that the pattern would work great for the sign.  I cut out the boots, legs, and buckles using that pattern with some Halloween paper I have in my scrapbooking stash.  I had a piece of wood hanging around and decided to use that too.  I painted the sign black and when I put the witch's boots, etc on it I thought it looked drab so I decided to put a background on it.  I found the lyrics the "Witchy woman" from the Eagles and put them on a Word document over and over - highlighting the word "Witch" using orange.  I then ripped the paper and inked the edges.  I then started Mod Podging like crazy!!  After all the layers were on the sign I drilled 2 holes and used gold tulle for the hanger.  Look at how cute it turned out:


Supplies for Witch sign:
Modge Podge
Board
Black paint
Dark Heritage Gray cardstock (boots)
Spooky circles/ black swirls paper from Pebbles inc. (legs)
twinkle twinkle little boy paper from My mind's eye (letters)
Orange distress ink
buckles and top of boots- paper unknown
gold tulle

The Monster Sign:

Once again I had a board leftover from some of my husband's gate and decided to make a monster sign.  I found the lyrics to "The Monster Mash" and did the same as the witch sign above.  I painted the board a citrus twist color and then Modge Podged the lyrics to it.  I put the borders on it and then found a cute graphic of a monster on the internet to put on it.  I added googly eyes and colored some of the monster. 
Here is the finished product:


Supplies:
Board
Citrus twist acrylic paint
Black and orange ink
green and orange marker
Monster/circle paper from Best Creations inc.
Modge Podge


I hope you find these as cute as I do and join me in getting ready for Halloween!




1 comment: