Tuesday, September 20

Easy Paper Pumpkin

So I have been seeing fabric pumpkins everywhere in the blogging world and I have been telling myself that I want to try making it but I don't have as much cute fabric as I do paper.  I am a paper addict - I admit it and I know that it is a problem so I need to make more using paper.  So I had an extra styrofoam ball from the candy corn topiary and thought - hmmm pumpkin!  So here comes some Modge Podge, scrapbook paper, and the stryofoam ball.  
First, I cut some strips of paper out - they were 1 1/4" by 12".  That fit around the ball that is 4 inches.   

Next, I cut off some of the bottom so the ball would lay flat.

Then, I started to Modge Podge the strips of paper and put them on the ball.  I used some pins to hold the paper into place until it dried a little bit.  The paper would crinkle up as I continued to put it around the ball but I liked the look so I keep going. 

When I had all the strips in place, I put some circles of paper to cap the ends and put another layer of Modge Podge on it. 

I had a piece of stick or square dowel and I cut off a piece of it for the stem.  I painted it a brown color and tied some tulle and ribbon on it for decoration.  Let me know what you think.  This was simple but I still might have to try a fabric pumpkin.  According to me, you can never get enough fall decorations.


Thanks and I hope you enjoy your crafting!
 

1 comment:

  1. Tricia, that is so cute! Fall decorations are definitely the best!

    Love you
    Beth

    ReplyDelete