It has been a while since I posted because I have been going crazy trying the finish a dress for my little girl and trying out a bunch of other crafts from the blogs that I follow. So here is what I have been up to. In my family growing up we would always get church clothes for Easter and I am trying to follow that tradition in my family. So I found some darling fabric that comes like this at JoAnns:
and a idea was born for a cute spring/summer dress for my little girl. I figured I would just measure, cut, sew and maybe add some straps and voila! I would have a darling dress. Well, the material is pretty thin so I had to put a liner in the dress and then I wanted to add some ribbon and buttons for the straps. I am not good at making button holes so after some thinking on my part, my husband told me to put snaps on it. So that problem was solved. Then I tried to make a dress for her baby doll but too much work for something that will be thrown into the bottom of her toy chest. My daughter has a thing for taking the clothes off of the dolls and doesn't bother putting them back on. Anyway - So I got the dress finally finished and it looks great at least that is what I think. Here it is -
The second one is a close up on the cute little straps and buttons. I am pretty proud of myself since this is my first dress sewing attempt.
On to the next project - I decided then that I have all this cute flannel left over from my girl's blanket that I made for her crib and her birthday is coming up so I decided that I would make something for her baby dolls. She likes to sing to them and put them to sleep or "night - night" as we call it around here. I decided to make a sleeping bag for her doll. I just made 2 small blankets and then sewed them together leaving an opening at the top and a small opening on the side so you would be able to fold it down like a real sleeping bag. I love to applique so I did a flower on the front of the bag. I then tried out my first ruffle and it was sooo cute that I added it to the front too. Here is the finished product with a baby doll in it - sorry about the condition on the doll - just be glad that you can't see that she has no clothes on (See comments above).
Here is a close-up of the applique and the ruffle -
Lastly, I was following one of my favorite blogs and she did a flower week and so I just had to try out some of her flowers. Some of them are links to other blogs so I will just give you a link to her blog and you can check them all out. These are the ones that I made and you can find instructions on Lolly Chops
They are all easy to make and they are all shown on Lolly's blog.
That was my week and that didn't even count the vacuuming everytime one of the kids would get into the tomato seeds that we planted or any other catastrophe that we had. I hope you have a great time and enjoy reading this post. Try out these flowers they are a blast to make. :)