Friday, November 16

Recycled/ Natural Christmas Wreath!

It has been a while since I have posted.  I have to be honest and let you know that my creative juice has been empty and it is finally starting to fill up again.  I am in love with the natural materials that you see around being used for various things and I wanted to make something using natural wood.  So when my husband and I were out in the mountains cutting some firewood - I snagged a perfect sized branch for me to use.  This was an easy craft and I hope you enjoy it.

 
So I started with a log about 2 inches in diameter and using my husband's chop saw I cut this log into slices about 1/2 inch thick. 
 
 
I then laid the pieces out to a rough circle. 
 

I then started to glue.  I tried some wood glue but it took too long to dry and my husband said that the wood was still pretty green so it would take forever.  Second, I tried my hot glue gun - my go-to tool and started gluing like crazy.  That worked but I had to re-inforce it on the back with some popsicle sticks to help hold it. 
Last, I put a ribbon on it - with hot glue, of course, and put my coke 3D stars on the wreath.  I found a tutorial for the stars at: Recycled drink can stars - In the tutorial she painted them but since I LOVE my coke and on one of them there is the cute polar bear, I left them the way they are.  Besides they are red so it is already festive.  Here is another photo of the finished wreath. 

 
I love how this wreath turned out and the best part is I used some old soda cans and wood that we harvested for our firewood so it didn't cost me anything.  Let me know what you think!
 





1 comment:

  1. Great idea! Would love it if you linked up on my blog hop www.w-t-fab.com/search/label/bloghop. Also let me know if you'd like to follow each other!

    ReplyDelete